- Easy self-service installation
- Free and open source forever under Apache 2.0 license
- All Zulip features included
- LDAP/Active directory integration
Our hosted service is free for:
Yes! Some of our biggest fans have hundreds or thousands of users, including Fortune 500 companies like Akamai, and open source communities like The Recurse Center. If you'd like to see a large Zulip in action, the Zulip development community server has thousands of accounts and hundreds of weekly active users, and is run on a single machine with 8GB of RAM.
Yes! Zulip supports exporting your organization's data and then importing it into another Zulip server.
Yes! Our "non-commercial use with less than 100 users" offering is for you in addition to non-profits and other worthy causes!
Yes! Our pricing is designed to be affordable for companies that are paying their users a salary. If your organization is an educational institution or otherwise has a lot of non-salaried participants we can likely offer your organization free or highly discounted hosting. Contact us with your organization's story and we'd be happy to discuss. You may also be interested in Zulip for open source projects or Zulip for working groups and other part-time communities.
|Apps for every platform|
|Hundreds of integrations|
|Free and open source||See below*|
* On Mattermost's licensing: The components of Mattermost are, technically, released under various open source licenses. However, Mattermost's licensing and trademark policy forbids redistributing patched versions of Mattermost without renaming the project, which does not comply with the Debian Free Software Guidelines. This means, for example, that Debian will never be able to include a Mattermost server package.